Case Study: Hydraulic Piping for the Sinter Plant Granulator
: Chattisgarh, INDIA
Project No: 3959
National Mineral Development Corporation
is one of the state controlled mineral producers of the Government of India. NMDC awarded Rs. 760 crore (116 Million USD) turnkey project to build a Sinter Plant to a consortium. For their Nagarnagar Steel Plant in Jagadalapur, Chattisgarh. The responsibility of building their Sinter Plant to Primetals, Austria
. NMDC being the 8th largest Iron Ore producer in the world wanted a state of the art plant built.
Primetals decided to go with Tube-Mac Non-Welded Piping Systems for the hydraulic hardline of the Hydraulic Granulator in the Sinter Plant.
The hydraulic piping system was manufactured as a pre-fabricated piping system in TMI’s Austrian Facility and shipped to Jagadalapur, Chattisgarh for installation.
Features of the granulator hydraulic piping system are as follows:-
- Technology : Tube-Mac Non Welded Piping – 37 Degree Flare Flange and Retain Ring Flange System
- Pipe Sizes : 4” NPS, 80 mm Metric
- System Pressure : 315 bar
- Piping Length : Approx 350 mtr (4 lines – Pressure, Return, Drain, Flushing)
The scope of work was as follows:-
- Design and Supply of Pre-Fabricated Non-Welded Hydraulic Hardline.
- Installation of the Hydraulic Piping System.
The hardline was installed under the supervision of Cenergy Offshore Supervisor to ensure reliability and integrity of the piping system.